Our vision, ‘Working together, achieving together’ is to ensure that each and every child has high aspirations and the opportunity to thrive and achieve their potential at Howletch Lane Primary School.
We are committed to improving the personal, social, emotional and economic wellbeing and happiness of our whole school community. To achieve this everything we do at Howletch Lane is underpinned by our ‘Shine’ core values.
These values were identified by children, parents, staff and governors and are the values we believe underpin learning and influence all aspects of school life.
Our aspiration is that our children will leave Howletch Lane displaying these core values as this will help them to be valuable members of society. We endeavour to inspire and support our children to ‘Shine’!
These values, alongside our behaviour values of, ‘Be ready, be respectful, be safe,’ are the basis for the social, intellectual, emotional, spiritual and moral development of the child. We encourage pupils to consider these values, thereby developing knowledge, skills and attitudes that enable them to develop as reflective learners and grow to be stable, educated and emotionally intelligent civilised adults.
Through class discussions and whole school assemblies our values are shared and discussed throughout the year.
|Value of the Month||Term|
|Ready, Respectful, Safe||September, January, April|
|Enjoyment||January, June & July|
Through our values our aim is to:
- Provide each member of the school community with the opportunity to realise their potential regardless of age, gender or ability.
- Promote independence, high standards of achievement and a love of learning.
- Improve behaviour, conduct and self-confidence by developing strong values within the pupils at the school.
- Develop pupils understanding of what values are and why they are important in life.
- Encourage children to ‘live the values’ in all aspects of their lives both in school and out.
- Promote values to pupils in every aspect of school life.
- Promote values in the way in which adults interact with each other and with pupils
- Display our school values and encourage all visitors to take account of them in their time in the school.
- Encourage parents to support the programme at home by promoting the ‘value of the month’ to parents in newsletters and in the school entrance.
- Enable children to focus upon the positive aspects of themselves that they can value, thereby reminding them of their individual worth, their worth in the school and wider communities and the worth of those communities themselves.
- To raise standards by promoting a school ethos that is underpinned by core values which support the development of the whole child as a reflective learner within a calm, caring, happy and purposeful atmosphere.
- Provide an environment in which children can develop academically, spiritually, morally, socially, physically and aesthetically.
- Foster a caring environment where all members of the school community are valued, and trust, honesty and happiness are evident
- Provide a well-ordered environment where courtesy, respect and self-discipline are appreciated by all
- Provide a safe, attractive, stimulating and challenging environment
- Work in partnership with parents in the education of their children.
- Promote close relationships and communications with parents.
- Work as a team to support the children as they develop and face the challenges of their future education and life.