Promoting positive emotional health and wellbeing:
The culture at Howletch Lane Primary School promotes children’s positive emotional health and wellbeing and avoids stigma by:
- Having a whole-school approach to promoting positive emotional health and wellbeing within an ethos of high expectations and constant support.
- Having a committed staff community that sets a whole school culture of positive emotional health and wellbeing, support and value.
- Having a robust regime of continuing professional development (CPD) for staff.
- Having a change party involving children, staff, governors and parents.
- Working closely with children, staff, parents and carers.
- Whole school promotion of building individual resilience and tenacity through the use of learner levels in all areas of the curriculum.
- Happy-Centred Schools curriculum completed on a weekly basis teaching skills to develop wellbeing and resilience.